[Samba] Netbios Alias

Freeman, Ricky RLFreeman at cessna.textron.com
Mon May 23 12:41:50 GMT 2005

I am trying to setup a Netbois alias that uses it's own smb.conf file.  I
have made the following changes to the original smb.conf file:

netbois alias = TPUB02
include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%L

For some reason the smb.conf file in the include statement does not work.
In touble shooting this issue I was able to hardcode the smb.conf file name
in the include statement and that does work.

include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.tpub02

I would appreciate any help with fixing this problem.