[Samba] Strange intermittent join with XP SP2 and Samba 3.0.14a

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Mon May 23 11:18:55 GMT 2005

Hello Megat0N,

Sunday, May 22, 2005, 2:01:23 PM, you wrote:

M> With xp sp2 (and 2003) i have to repeat various times the join phase
M> before get success from the PDC, and, during each failed join, i get the
M> error:

M>                 "user unknown or incorrect password"

This  does  not  seem  to be a firewall issue, but an XP-samba interaction
issue of some type. I do not have the answer, but it should be interesting
if  you try to join a XP SP2 client (which has intermittent issues) to the
domain  after  connecting  it  to  the  server's  network,  thus  avoiding
completely the firewall.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi