[Samba] ACL file system

Laurent Mesuré laurent.mesure at free.fr
Mon May 23 09:11:09 GMT 2005

Hi,

i am replacing a Windows NT 4 Domain server (PDC and BDC) by a
samba+ldap server on Linux (actually i work with Mandrake Linux).

My actual problem is to re produce the NTFS and Domain ACL from widows
to Samba. And to be able to chance accès ACL on a directory through a
windows explorer client.

After some reading over internet i read, i should use the XFS file
system. Is that mandatory to use XFS or could i use ext3? The XFS file
system could be used only for the shared directory file system, or
should i use it for the whole system on my server?

Regards

Laurent