[Samba] samba with win xp home

Luca Papaleo papaleo at newl.it
Sun May 22 21:00:21 GMT 2005

Hi,
sorry maybe this case has been already posted.

I've a fedora core 3 system with following situation

2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp

samba-common-3.0.14a-1
samba-3.0.14a-1
samba-client-3.0.14a-1

I have 2 clients win98 and 2 clients winxp home (sp2).
I've a client pgm installed on the clients and it seems to work correctly.
But if I try to copy few folders from my winxp clients to the shared linux
directory after a few of files the copying stop with message similar to the
following

Error Copying File/Folder
It is not possible to copy <filename>. The given Network Name is no
longer available

I've tryed with win98 and my winxp pro laptop and it seems to work
correctly.

Before fedora c3 there was win2000server and hadn't any error in copying.

I've updated samba from 3.0.10 to 3.014, I've tryed to change server NIC
card, but I couldn't find solution to problem.

Please help me!

Thanks

Luca