RESOLVED--Re: [Samba] Print Share Problem

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Fri May 20 21:08:36 GMT 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 14:57, Eric Hines wrote:
> The printer stanza has to be _called_ [printers]?  [pserver1]--the name
> [pserver1]--the name of the specific share--isn't sufficient?  If the only
> stanza is [printers], then how does the specific printer get found?
>
> I changed [pserver1] to [printers], and now the correct specific printer
> shows up, but still--my question stands.

For systems running SYSV or BSD printing do: testparm -sv | grep lp

This will return the actual commands smbd uses to find print queues.

On cups systems, smbd directly queries the cupsd using a built-in interface.

The only time it is necessary to specify the printer configuration in detail
is where you want to restrict certain printers from use.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member