[Samba] run a script with "administrator" credentials?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri May 20 17:05:42 GMT 2005

I saw Active Directory a bit today and was impressed with the ease one
can manage many Windows workstations with that.

Especially I liked the software installation (too bad it can install MSI
packages only) and the ability to run custom scripts on the workstations
(when the boot up etc.).

Is it possible to run a custom script for a given machine when it boots
up (that is already joined to the domain), with administrator
credentials (for example, to install software)?

For now it seems to me that it's only possible to run a "machine script
- %m" or a "user script - %u" with the credentials of a user.

--
Tomek