[Samba] Converting passwords to Linux (NIS)

R. Holtz richard.holtz at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Fri May 20 11:23:24 GMT 2005

On our network, some users authenticate against a linux server running NIS,
while some authenticate against a Windows NT machine via Samba. We want to
dispense with the Windows machine (who wouldn't!).

Ideally, I'd like to preserve the users' current passwords. Does the Samba
suite include tools that allow this? Thank you for your help!

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation