[Samba] Trusted domains with ldapsam_compat in samba 3

David Barker D.R.Barker at exeter.ac.uk
Thu May 19 15:23:46 GMT 2005

Hi all :-)

We are currently hosting a SAMBA domain that provides login & file
serving for public clusters around the university campus. We are using
Samba 3.0.10, with an LDAP server that uses a samba 2.x schema.

A department would now like to trust our domain for authentication, and
use their own domain to administer their windows boxes. Will we be able
to create a domain trust account in our ldap server with our samba 2
schema? And if so, does anyone have a sample ldif I could use to
manually create the account directly in the ldap server?

--
David Barker
University of Exeter IT Services