[Samba] ACLs on a member server

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Thu May 19 14:29:01 GMT 2005

Hi all,

i have ACLs working fine on my PDC, but they do not work on a member server.
Here is a summary of my set-up:

I am using LDAP backend, with nss_ldap on all of my member servers.  Samba
3.0.12pre1 on the PDC and Samba 3.0.14a on the member server.

I have winbindd running on my member server, and it is pointing at LDAP as its
backend.  ẅwbinfo -u and wbinfo -g  both work.  I am using "security=domain"
on the member server and it is joined to the domain.

However when I view ACEs on a file from a Windows client, on the member server
the users / groups resolve to SERVER\user instead of DOMAIN\user.  I have
provided a screen shot of what it looks like for files on the PDC and files
on the member server, here:  http://www.borkholder.com/admin/

Any help is appreciated.

Misty