[Samba] (no subject)

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu May 19 13:26:39 GMT 2005

Dear list,
a few days ago my samba server hanged up, I mean the samba services where not
available (I/O error) and I didn't understand why. A simple umount/smbmount
without restarting samba worked. In the log I found this:

[2005/05/14 07:01:41, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(365)
  read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

that refers to the fact that sys_read returned -1. What can be the cause? It's
like the server didn't read enough data from the socket, like a
connection/cable problem happened. Anyone else with a similar problem?

Thanks,
Luca
--
Luca Ferrari,