[Samba] Samba server suddenly started asking for authentication of the us ers

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Wed May 18 15:04:49 GMT 2005

There is not enough information to make a guess.  Send me (off-list)
your smb.conf.  Also, set your log level to 5 and "log file =
/var/opt/samba/log.%m", then attempt the share mount, and send me the
log file (log.machine name).

Whatever the outcome, you will need to upgrade your Samba version.  If
you are using HP CIFS Server, you can stay on 2.2 - we still supply and
support 2.2.12.  You can also upgrade to 3.0.8.  If you are using
opensource, then you should go to 3.0.14a.

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard
eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com