[Samba] Winbind Problem

Honey Bajaj honeyb at infotronic.net
Wed May 18 13:16:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have got two production facilities having the same configuration, facility 1-(domain CSW)Samba 3.0.5 PDC running on redhat 9 and 4 member server running the same samba version on redhat 9, facility-2- (domain CSWN)Samba 3.0.5 PDC with 2 domain member server, the domain member server uses winbind to authenticate usersthey connect to the local PDC, I have configured two way trust between the two facilities , everything was running perfectly from last 6 months, but from last two days the winbind is giving problem in domain CSW, the following error message appears on the member server in log.winbindd
[2005/05/18 15:10:01, 0] rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:rpc_api_pipe(435)
cli_pipe:return critical error. Error was call timed out: server did not respond after 10000 millisecond
where as wbinfo -t is successful, but wbinfo -u and -g gives me the listing of only the trusting domain users(CSWN list and no CSW user list).

The following error message is appearing on the domain controller of CSW domain

make_server_info_info3:pdb_init_sam failed!

Please suggest me some solution.

Regards,
Honey