[Samba] Re: Restricting winbind to the default domain

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at videotron.ca
Wed May 18 12:53:13 GMT 2005

Michael Gasch wrote:
> Etienne Goyer wrote:
>> I want to use winbind in conjunction with nsswitch in a pretty large AD.
>>  I would like winbind to only map users in the default domain.  As it
>> is, winbind map users in other trusted domain of the AD too, which is
>> *not* what I want.
>>  [...snip...]
>
> please have a look at "allow trusted domains"

Thank you very much sir, this is precisely what I need.

It is worth noting that the smb.conf(5) man page have the following to
say regarding this directive :

    "This option only takes effect when the security option is set to
server or domain."

This is incorrect, as I am running with "security = ads", and it
apparently do the right thing.  I'll try to contact the maintainer of
this man page on the subject.

Thanks again !