[Samba] (no subject)

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed May 18 02:45:11 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 20:20, Roger Merritt wrote:
> I've just had to do some further work with Samba -- I've been running ver 2
> for years without any problems -- so I just discovered that the current
> version is 3.14a. Right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with the amount of
> information that's been added in the last couple of years and hope someone
> will help me to cut through my information overload. Are there any
> particular issues I should know about when upgrading to ver 3? Any known
> common problems?

Suggest you check chapter 8 of the book "Samba-3 by Example". Your specially
reserved copy is waiting for you at:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

You may find more information of use than just chapter 8, but its a start.

It is also a good idea to check out the Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference
Guide. We wont complain if you download it from:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

It too has a chapter on Updating that may be of use. If you have any specific
questions just shoot me an email.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra