[Samba] Re: nazi spam in German over list address

Michael J. Welch, Ph.D. mjwelchphd at ekgreaders.com
Tue May 17 03:15:50 GMT 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 19:29, Eric Hines wrote:
> Locking out the Windows folks is counterproductive--those are exactly the
> ones we're trying to attract away from MS, for that's the only way we'll
> beat MS--by converting its customers.

Everybody who receives this samba email signed up for it. Why not only
propagate messages from people on that list? After all, as it is now, if you
want to get help from other people on the list, you'll probably sign up.

I understand that someone could publicly post, then read the list from some
other source than the emails, but that seems like the hard way. It's just not
that hard to sign up, and it's just as easy to drop off the list later.

-- Mike

Michael J. Welch, Ph.D.
mjwelchphd at adelphia.net or mjwelchphd at ekgreaders.com

La perfection est atteinte
non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter,
mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
--Antoine de Saint Exupery

(Perfection is achieved
not when there is nothing more to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away.)

Svp, rappelez-vous toujours, un perroquet n'est pas
simplement un animal de compagnie.
C'est un enfant d'un autre monde.
-- Bill Kiesselbach.

(Please, always remember, a parrot is not merely a pet.
It is a child from another world.)