[Samba] Feature request: delete machine script

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue May 17 01:07:53 GMT 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 19:01, tom burkart wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am wondering what the likelyhood would be to get a "delete machine
> script" implemented in the samba core that would delete a machine upon
> successful un-join of a samba domain.
> Alternatively, why is this not a good idea?

How do you plan on creating the SMB/CIFS transaction that would delete the
account? Have you used ethereal to check what commands unjoining a
workstation from the domain passes over the network?

What is wrong with manually executing:

	net rpc user delete machine\$ -Uroot%secret

It beats the challenge of getting Microsoft to change their workstation
code! :-)

- John T.