[Samba] Alternative way of installing Windows printer drivers on a Samba 3.0 server

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Mon May 16 21:17:04 GMT 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 04:42 pm, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> I wouldn't mind knowing why my [print$] share doesn't show up, though.

Apologies if I misunderstand but...a trailing $ makes a share hidden, it's
SMSOP (Standard Microsoft Operating Procedure).The default admin shares C$,
etc. are examples as well. You can still use the share if you call it
directly, set up a Network Places shortcut, or map to it; you just wont see
it in a browse list.

Chris