[Samba] help

Stuart Highlander fsb at ntwsdb.com
Mon May 16 13:32:48 GMT 2005

here is how i do it.  there may be a better way.

1.  mount the windows box from the linux box:
/bin/mount -t smbfs -o
username=validusernameonwindowsbox,password=validusernameonwindowsbox'spassw
ord //windowsbox/sharename /unixmountpoint

the values validusernameonwindowsbox, validusernameonwindowsbox'spassword,
windowsbox, sharename, and unixmountpoint are self explanatory.

2.  sync up the files to the backup location on the linux box:
/usr/bin/rsync -av /unixmountpoint/ /backup/windosbox/share

hope this helps.

stu