[Samba] ACL strange problem.

Meli Marco Marco.Meli at gknsintermetals.com
Mon May 16 09:41:31 GMT 2005

Hi,
I running samba-3.0.13-1 connect to W2k3, attr-2.4.19 and
acl-2.2.27-1.
I've a strange problem with ACL settings, following the data structure.I
would that user1 could read/write only his personal folder, user1 belongs to
domain users and can reach the user folder but he can't see his personal
folder.
I have tried to run setfacl -b (remove all ACL entries) and setup them
again, format the data partition with mkfs xfs ... an mounted it again but
it doesn't works,
I have a twin pc installed and on this it works fine.
But the strange matter, is if I connect to the data share and reach the user
folder with smbclient //smbserver/data -Uuser1%*** , I can see the user1
personal folder and it works I expected.
Why it works with smbclient but not with Winodws client?
And what can I do to found the problem?
/data [domain users r-x]
	/user [domain users r-x]
		/user1 [user1 rwx]