[Samba] I could really use some help here (SAMBA PDC)

Geoff Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Mon May 16 07:02:00 GMT 2005

John Zakhar wrote:
> The log files are attached, I have NEVER had so much trouble with a
> samba PDC before. I need to turn in my unix admin license, this is
> pathetic...

Why have all your ldifs got spaces in the dn's ? In your slapd.log you have
this: "o=ventusnetworks.com,dc=na"
NO SPACES.
Yet all your ldifs have this:

I don't think that's gonna work, I hope it's a typo.  Because what I quoted
from the log is your search base.  I'm not particularly proficient in ldap
but your search base is different to what potentially is in ldap.......

Are you vampiring accounts of an old windows server?  Or is this a network
from scratch.

Regards Geoff Scott