[Samba] Machine Account info in Domain Controller

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 15 03:19:04 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 02:41 +0000, Andrew Chuang wrote:
> We find the samba 3.0.x cmd 'net' can modify the info name:samba version:3.0.x
> to machine account info in Domain Controller after registering samba to domain
> by ldap. But samba 2.2.x always show name:Windows NT version:4.0 after
> registering samba to domain.
>
> Can we modify the info in samba 2.2.x ?

Samba 2.2 is no longer supported, and has known security issues, you
should upgrade in any case.  The ability to set the OS type and version
is due to Samba 3.0's ADS client/member server capability, and we simply
modify the machine's LDAP record.  You could do so manually if you
needed to.

Andrew Bartlett