[Samba] Exchange 5.5 on a Samba Domain - Further Information

Guenther Deschner gd at suse.de
Thu May 12 09:45:38 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:29:52AM +0100, Ian Clancy wrote:
> Hi Again,
> Some further information to add.
> My samba PDC is running RHEL4 with samba version 3.0.10 (red hat rpm)
> and OpenLDAP 2.2.13.
> Exchange 5.5 SP4 Build 2653.23 on NT4 SP6.
> I have created the Domain user accounts with usrmgr.exe and the smbldap
> tools with the same results.

to first concentrate on your Exchange issues: You have to use Samba Version >
3.0.11 when using Exchange 5.5 on NT4 with a Samba DC. In Samba 3.0.11 there
have been added a couple of fixes w.r.t Exchange 5.5.

Let us know if an update solves your Exchange-problems. I'm not sure if RedHat
provides official Samba package updates, you could also use RedHat rpms from
SerNet.

Hope that helps,

Guenther