[Samba] Exchange 5.5 on a Samba Domain

Ian Clancy clancyian at cel.ie
Thu May 12 08:18:27 GMT 2005

Hi,
I recently migrated from an NT4 Domain to a Samba domain with LDAP
backend. We use Exchange 5.5 on NT4 as our mail/groupware.
All existing users on the domain appear to be using the Exchange Server
without any problems. However, when i create new users they cannot
access their mail box'es from Outlook. The Event log on the Exchange
Server reports the following error :

> A logon attempt failed because an attempt to look up Windows NT
> account information failed. Error 1332.

The new user accounts appear to work perfectly otherwise. They can log
onto the Domain and the Exchange NT4 Serve itself. They can even check
their mail using squirrelmail webmail which connects to the exchange
server using IMAP.
I sniffed the communication between the Exchange server and the Samba
Domain server with ethereal and the only communication i can see is a
couple of DCERPC packets.

Anyone had this problem before ?.
Thanks,

--