[Samba] Log deletion of file

Roland Carlsson roland at alfa-moving.se
Thu May 12 06:08:35 GMT 2005

Hi!

Today i stumbled into a problem. Someone in our economic-department had
deleted a couple of files. There was no big issue since the files was on
backup-tape but since noone knew who had deleted them and there are a lot of
sick people today it was hard to ask the one who deleted the files why
he/she deleted them even though it most likley was of an legitimate reason.
The problem I faced was that when searching through the logs I could not
even see that a deletion had occurd.

So the quitestion, my logs view when people opens and closes files but how
do I see when they delete files?

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson