[Samba] inter domain trust - another network

Victor Medina linux at epa.com.ve
Wed May 11 20:35:28 GMT 2005

John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 May 2005 14:08, Victor Medina wrote:
>
>>Hi all!!!
>>
>>I am trying to stablish a interdomain relationship, but i am having
>>serious problem making samba and nt seeing domains in another network
>>segments. Which is the best and easier way to configure samba to
>>stablish relashionships between domains in differents network segments?
>

> Attempting to solve multi-segmented windows networking without WINS is like
> trying to fish with a rifle. Have you read the Samba-HOWTO-Collection?
>
> - John T.

Hello my friend!

Both servers are using wins, i read the documentation the samba-howto
and the using samba, not cover to end, but i have done my homework (i
hope! :) I am using the remote announce and remote browse sync options,
but the TEST domain doesn't seems to know where to find a pdc to the
other domain (named EPA0)

Any other way to specifically tell samba where to find a PDC for other
domain? lmhosts? dns? files?

My smb.conf follows:

[global]
   workgroup = TESTEPA
   server string =
   map to guest = Bad User
   passdb backend = tdbsam
   pam password change = Yes
   passwd chat = *New*Password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
   username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   unix password sync = Yes
   name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
   time server = Yes
   printcap cache time = 750
   add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
   delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
   add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
   delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false %u
   logon script = scripts\logon.bat
   logon path =
   logon drive = H:
   logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile