SV: [Samba] 3.0.14 and MacOs X (tiger)

Roland Carlsson roland at alfa-moving.se
Wed May 11 06:11:36 GMT 2005

Hi William!

I have done some more research and after getting my brain to work I have
made the following:

1) We updated our MS 2003 ADS to servicepack 1.
2) Servicepack 1 made a few changes in Kerberos.
3) We updated our samba-installation to 3.0.14 to keep up with the changes
in how our ADS handles Kerberos.
4) I upgraded to OSX 10.4 and added my computer to our domain, eg OSX uses
kerberos.
5) If I use smbclient and logs in with username and password everything
works correctly.
6) If I try to use Finder to browse the server Finder hangs and I have to
restart it.
7) Since we had to update samba on our fileserver my best guess is that
Apple also need to follow the changes in Kerberos that MS decided to do.
8) Our Microsoft products is going to fly burning from the highest tower we
can find if they keep on doing this kind of changes in the future.

(point 8 was perhaps not 100% serious) ...

Is there anyone who actually have a working ADS sp1 with OsX-computers in
the domain that can verify or trash my thinking?

Regards
Roland Carlsson