[Samba] samba + pptp

Hans du Plooy hansdp at sagacit.com
Tue May 10 21:05:00 GMT 2005

Hi guys,

I have samba domain controller running at a client.  It's a fairly
simple and straightforward setup, uses smbpasswd for auth, nothing
fancy.

The client wants to be able to vpn in and access their files.  I setup
pptp, and use the built in WindowsXP client.

After establishing the vpn connection, I can access the domain
controller.  I get asked for my username and pass - type in DOMAIN\user
+ pass, and can see a list of the shares in explorer.  But I can't
access anything.  I just get a message saying something like I don't
have permission to access this resource (sorry, paraphrasing).

Has anybody done this sort of thing before?  Any tips?

Thanks

--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy