[Samba] [Nearly Resolved] Samba-3 by Example, Ex 2.4

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Sat May 7 23:39:03 GMT 2005

John,

I'm running Samba 3.0.14a on an FC3 machine, and I'm working from the
printed 2004 edition of your book (when is your updated version coming
out?  470 pages of pdf is a lot to print out, and being the throwback that
I am, I'm much more comfortable with a book than with reading from a
computer monitor).

I went through the WHATSNEW.txt with this version, but all that said was
that the %S bug was fixed after 3.0.0.  I notice, though, that in your
updated example [files] does not have valid users listed in any guise,
although in many (most?) of the later examples in your updated book, you
still use %S quite freely in the valid users field.

Thanks

Eric