[Samba] Accessing shares from Windows 2003 AD server

Shashi Kanth Boddula sboddula at novell.com
Sat May 7 13:48:25 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am using a Linux desktop and i want access shares from Windows 2003 AD
server .  I configured samba-winbind to authenticate to AD , and when i
login , i am geeting a kerberos ticket from Windows 2003 AD server.

Now , by using smbclient command with -k option , i can able to access
shares without giving the password . But , this same thing is not
happening with mount command .

When i issue mount command with krb option , i am geeting an error like
this .
-----  SMB signing is mandotary
-----   kerberos support only for samba servers

I already included  "client use spnego" and "realm" parameters in
smb.conf , but still i am getting this error .

Please can anybody tell me what is problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi Kanth

shashi kanth
Technical Support Engineer