[Samba] Dual ethernet server on the same LAN

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu May 5 16:38:01 GMT 2005

tor, 05.05.2005 kl. 17.36 skrev Michael Joyner:
> Nikolay Kabaivanov wrote:
> > Hello Michael,
> > I did not understand you copletely.

I concur ...

> > Can you elaborate more on this ? What setup ?
> > My problem is with netbios not with DNS ?
> > Regards
> > __________________________________
> > Nikolay Kabaivanov, ntk at ru.acad.bg
>
> NetBIOS + Multiple Nics = PROBLEMS.
>
> DNS + Multiple Nics = OK.
>
> *PRESUMING* your clients are W2K or XP or W2K3
> you can set up round robin DNS entries so that
>
> SERVERALIAS PTR A IP#1
> SERVERALIAS PTR A IP#2

What's the above supposed to signify? Not BIND DNS zone file records, I
hope :( Even if not, a single record can't have both an A and a PTR RR.

> Then set your logon script to connect to \\SERVERALIAS\SHARE
>
> so long as DNS round robin is correctly working, you will end up with
> "pseudo" load balancing between the NICs/IP#'s

Don't confuse the OP with nonsense.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...