[Samba] Can u help me

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Thu May 5 12:44:05 GMT 2005

I will help you a great deal, without so much as even reading your message;
when you post to a support list via email which may go out to hundreds or
sometimes even more people, (thus having many many messages a day), it would
be wise to use a far more descriptive subject.

Your message is likely to get ignored with a subject like 'can u help me' vs
one like 'some general samba security questions'. I would advise you to
re-post your question with a more appropriate title should you wish a more
viable response.

Also, the answers to most 'can it do' questions are found in the
documentation, how to do it however isn't always there - not telling you to
just rtfm and blowing you off, but it wouldn't hurt to try reading a little
on your own too. Check out http://www.samba.org/ and try reading some of the
documentation, if you are new to Samba it will be the best place to start.

Having said that, (pardon the rant, but really - this is something you
should bare in mind sending to lists), please don't take this for a flame
but rather a constructive critism aimed at helping you get the answers you
seek.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com