[Samba] winbind cache time?

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 5 00:10:42 GMT 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005 03:37:52 +0300 (EEST) Nerijus Baliunas <nerijus at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> according to 'man smb.conf': Default: winbind cache time = 300
>
> I have not changed it in smb.conf, but when I remove some user
> from some group, command "groups DOMAIN+user" still shows
> that user belongs to the group even after a few hours after removing
> the user from that group. Any ideas why?
> samba 3.0.15pre2.

BTW, it happens even if I restart winbind (i.e. changes to group membership
reflect only after a few hours). I understand that everyone is busy (I wrote
a few messages with real problems during a few weeks and got only one
response, and I can understand that), but does it work for everyone else?
I.e., if you remove user from group, is the user still able to access files
accessible by group only?

Nerijus