[Samba] Adding XP pc to domain

Eric Kamara kamara at trueafrican.com
Wed May 4 16:54:36 GMT 2005

Below is an extract from my smb.conf file. If you need any more
information, just ask for it.

[global]
    workgroup = ES
    server string = ES Domain Server
    hosts allow = 169.254.0., 127.
    load printers = no
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 50
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
    interfaces = 169.254.0.1/24
    local master = yes
    os level = 35
    time server = yes
    domain master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    domain logons = yes
    add user script = /usr/sbin/pw useradd -s /sbin/nologin -c "Machine
Account" -g machines -d /dev/null -n %u
    admin users = root
    wins support = yes
    wins proxy = yes