[Samba] the profiles keeps mapping!

Thomas Widhalm newsjester at yahoo.de
Wed May 4 08:38:57 GMT 2005

> Oh. Write a logon script for each user, using, for example, 'net use z:
> /delete' for each drive letter that's mapped and you don't want to see.
> Actually, the profiles share should not be mapped anyway. If you don't
> have a profiles share, the profiles will get put in the user's home
> directory, which you probably don't want.

Unfortunately I got a similar problem, since I updateded my Samba Server the
last time. I used the z: drive for a share with offline- available versions
of desktop and "my files" (I hope it's correct, I just use German Windows,
where it's "Eigene Dateien"). Since the last update my "home" share gets
mapped to z:, overwriting the already mapped z: drive. I just did a
workaround with setting my own desktop/myfiles share to y:, but as Guido I
just don't want my home share get mapped.

Regards,
Thomas