[Samba] exop vs md5

taso ahg1 at aanet.com.au
Wed May 4 04:05:18 GMT 2005

WHat is the significance to Samba of pam_password exop vs pam_password md5 in ldap.conf?

The reason I ask is that, wherever possible, I prefer to use the vendor supplied tools for
manipulating config files. With Fedora 3 it's system-config-authentication and it doesn't
give you the option of exop. You either enable MD5, which puts pam_password md5 in ldap.conf,
or disable it, which puts pam_password crypt in there instead. The PDC howto from the
IDEALX guys goes with pam_password md5, but jht's guide uses exop.