[Samba] net getlocalsid problem ???

Phil Dawson phil.dawson at gedys.co.uk
Tue May 3 14:28:50 GMT 2005

Hi List,

I'm currently migrating from win2000 to linux ( samba 3.0.10-1.4E ).

Domain = TESTDOMAIN
Windows Box Name = TESTPDC
Linux Box = LINUXPDC

I have joined the windows pdc from the linux box.  Next I use: net getsid
-S TESTPDC -W TESTDOMAIN which puts my SID in secrets.tdb.  All is fine
here.  Next I use net getlocalsid which gives me an error so I use net
getlocalsid TESTDOMAIN which gives me the correct SID.  I then use net
setlocalsid <SID INSERTED HERE> which sets the SID as expected.  I then
use net getlocalsid which gives me:

SID for domain LINUXPDC is: S- ..... etc

Does anyone know why this is showing LINUXPDC as my domain and not
TESTDOMAIN ???

In my smb.conf I have

workgroup = TESTDOMAIN
netbios name = LINUXPDC