[Samba] Network Places question

Ephi Dror ephi at agami.com
Mon May 2 20:56:28 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I run Linux  with two interfaces. Configured those interfaces with IP
and added both IPs to DNS (which is not Windows DNS on my domain
controller) lets say with names "A" and name "B."

I run SAMBA  on that  Linux and joined as ADS to a domain controller "D"
and I used  the name "A" and it  shows up in the computers list.

Now, I  created shares and I could map them  using \\a\share or
\\b\share and those run like a Swiss watch.

However:
======

Why when I browse "network places" and click on the domain "B"  I  see
only the name "A" (which I joined the domain as)  but not also the name
"B".

I don't use netbios and or WINS.

I don't use the Windows DNS that on my AD domain.

Basically, my question is, how do I let the browser know that the name
"B" is also in my machine and should be part of domain "D"  when it
comes to browsing.

Will appreciate any hint.

Cheers,
Ephi