[Samba] wbinfo -n and wbinfo -s are broken with win2003 SP1

Ephi Dror ephi at agami.com
Sun May 1 03:15:08 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I upgraded my windows 2003 enterprise server  to sp1 and having problems with winbindd/wbinfo.

I am using samba 3.0.6 and joined as ADS

wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g
wbinfo -p
wbinfo -t

work like a Swiss watch

However

wbinfo -n ephi

wbinfo -s .....

DO NOT WORK.

Is the latest SAMBA release (3.0.15pre2 and up) cover those issues (-n and -s)

If we joined as DOMAIN (NT4 style) even other flags such as -u, -g didn't work well.

Thanks so much for all your help. We relying heavily on those 2 wbinfo options.

It sounds scary to me. Can we get updates on the situation.

Cheers,
Ephi