[Samba] Profiles permissions

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu Mar 31 18:38:05 GMT 2005

RNuno:

> Maybe this is a simple filesystem question.. but here it goes.
>

> We have a samba-3.0.12 + LDAP domain, today a profile of mine got borked
> it just stands there like it was loading but it freezes, I went to the
> server and deleted the profile dir and on the workstation to start a new
> one.
>
> It worked as expected but now I see it was created with diferent perms
> on 3.0.12 that with 3.0.10 ?
>
> This is what I get:
>

> drwx------  16 Administrator Domain Admins 4096 Mar 31 17:48
> Administrator
> drwx------  17 amartins      Domain Users  4096 Mar 31 17:59 amartins
> drwx------+ 13 dpereira      Domain Users  4096 Mar 31 18:01 dpereira
>
> dpereira is the new profile, was there any changes? what is this + sign?

Well the only thing I can tell you, is that the + sign means that a Posix
ACL has been set. Potverdorrie, I've been trying to get that to work out
of an XP unpatched to a Samba 3.0.11 PDC for days. My partition is on
RHAS3, with fstap "defaul,acl,user_xattr" And yes, the OS and kernel do
support them all. Posix ACLs work (getfacl, setfacl, chacl etc), but no
way can I get Samba to play (in spite of strict adherence to the official
Samba docs).

You lucky bastard, you :)

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl