[Samba] samba username length supported

neeraja.v at tcs.com neeraja.v at tcs.com
Thu Mar 31 11:07:52 GMT 2005

Hi,

        I am a newbie in samba. Actually I am trying to setup a samba
server to share the filesystems in a solaris 8 box to the windows nt users
in a domain.
I am trying to map the windows user ids to a comman unix id. I noticed
that i get a problem in authenticating the users with a username more than
8 characters. Does samba not support usernames with more than 8
characters?

Neeraja Vaidhinathan
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: neeraja.v at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you