[Samba] pdbedit - question on migration

jonlists jonlists at cbsol.com
Wed Mar 30 20:54:13 GMT 2005

samba-bounces+jonlists=cbsol.com at lists.samba.org wrote on 03/30/2005
02:54:54 PM:

> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 12:37, jonlists wrote:
> > question on pdbedit - when using it for a migration - existing data is
> > stored in tdbsam.
> >
> > pbdedit -i tdbsam -e ldapsam
> >
> > It wants to take existing machine accounts and put them into an
> > ou=Computers. I'd rather it put them in ou=People.
>
> OK. How have you configured this in smb.conf and in the smbldap-tools
scripts?

> - John T.

Aha! I have not since the implication is that is where pdbedit would be
looking.
In fact, I was hoping to be able to do this using Yast only, and have the
end user use Yast for user and group creation, Samba management.

I notice that the Samba 3 By Example guide recommend use of nis.schema
instead of the Suse standard. I would assume that is because the scripts
prefer this schema.

My main problem is that I must provide a simple to use interface for
Samba/Server/User management. I've been testing (playing with?) LAM, and
trying to get IMC running (isn't working on SLES9).

To be blunt, I'd rather we were using eDirectory and iManager for all of
this, but in this case, I don't get a choice.

Thank you......