[Samba] netBIOS API for WINS

Alex Egidy alex_egidy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 16:21:37 GMT 2005

I would like to get IP adress from WINS (not from broadcast or LMHOSTS file) for given NetBIOS name using Windows netbios API (functions) - however - I can't understand what I should specifu into NBC structure - should I make socket connection to WINS server and issue NCBFIND or should I use SEND/RECEIVE to communicate directly with WINS - if later is teh case - then what chunk of data should I send and what data can I expect to receive>

Should I read all those RFC's or dive into nbdc code?

Thanks for suggestions in advance!