[Samba] Winbind joining Domain Issues

Andre Human andre.human at ucs-solutions.co.za
Wed Mar 30 09:37:17 GMT 2005

Hi Jerry

I wonder if you can help, I came across one of your forums and thought you
can assist?

We have a server running Redhat ES 3 with samba 3.0.10 that is joined to our
Win2000 PDC. It's been working fine for the past year, but the problem we
having now is that the server can't see the domain no more?

When I run net join I receive the following error:

[2005/03/30 11:33:27, 0] libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(146)
  kerberos_kinit_password administrator at MAKRO.CO.ZA failed: Cannot find KDC
for requested realm
[2005/03/30 11:33:27, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(186)
  ads_connect: Cannot find KDC for requested realm

Unable to find a suitable server

When I do a wbinfo -u, it gives the following error:
Error looking up domain users

So, in one of your forums, I read you had some patch. How does it work and
where do I get it:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-September/073592.html

Please dvise if you have any suggestions

Andre