[Samba] Need some help setting up a Samba server

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:48:33 GMT 2005

Hi

I am trying to implement a simple Samba server on a Slackware 10.1 machine
running for a bunch of Windows users that also have unix accounts on the
machine. Using webmin, I did convert the unix users to samba users. A
possible problem is that I have very little experience using windows, so
please be patient with me.

I want them to have read and write permissions only in /home/<username>. How
does one accomplish this ?

O/p of smbclient -L localhost -U% :

 Domain=[MOLECTRON] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.10]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server on Molectron)
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server on Molectron)
 Domain=[MOLECTRON] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.10]

        Server               Comment
        MOLECTRON            Samba Server on Molectron

        Workgroup            Master
        MOLECTRON

Thanks.