[Samba] Using Lotus Domino LDAP as Samba Backend

jonlists jonlists at cbsol.com
Tue Mar 29 17:26:21 GMT 2005

samba-bounces+jonlists=cbsol.com at lists.samba.org wrote on 03/29/2005
09:20:31 AM:

> On Tuesday 29 March 2005 04:18, Norman.Trapp at objective-partner.de wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > can I use the Lotus Domino LDAP Server as backend for Samba?
>
> Any LDAP server can be used so long as it has the right schema
extensions and
> uses standard protocols.
>
> > Has anyone tried this, or some experiences in that?

Do a google search for Alan Bell linux lotus domino and see what you get.
I know that he had this working at one point, but didn't get the chance to
put it into production. There was information also available at
www.openntf.org - but I'm not sure if it's there anymore.

As John says, it's a matter of adding the right schema extensions. These
will be added to the person document on the Domino server.