[Samba] wins problem - 2nd and last time post

Flavio Fonseca ff at dirpd.ufu.br
Tue Mar 29 13:56:04 GMT 2005

Hello list

 I am having the following problem with samba wins server:

1. my servers record are desapearing from wins database. this
servers(computers) are never turned off, and once or twice a week the wins
records just vanish and I have to restart the server to register itself again
with wins.

2. when I install a new workstation I do so in a subnet A where is my support
team. Then I send the workstation to it's final place which is a subnet B.
while installing it, the workstation register itself on wins server with an
IP from subnet A. When I send it to its final location it gets an IP from
subnet B but wins server keeps the record from subnet A. It does not update
the record. If I stop the server, edit wins.dat and remove the record,
restart wins e renew the workstation dhcp net configuration it register
itself again with the correct IP.

I am using Suse 9.2 professional with samba
smbd version 3.0.9-2.3-SUSE.

I am not starting smbd.

Thanks for any help.
--
Att.,

Flávio Fonseca
Equipe Divisão de Redes (DR)
Diretoria de Processamento de Dados (DirPD)
Universidade Federal de Uberlandia (UFU)