[Samba] Re: Problems with Excel & MS Word files (still)

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Tue Mar 29 12:45:53 GMT 2005

No confirmation over here, havn't had a chance to compile a new copy -
rolled back to 3.0.8 for the time being it's been less buggy but still have
occasional file(s) locking up.

A little unclear here, do I need to add a patch to 3.0.13 before compiling,
or simply add 'dos filetime = yes' to the configuration?

Lastly, does it matter if I'm not using ACL's? Just using plain old UNIX
permissions (750/660 dir/file) and the force-group parameter for most
shares - which works quite well thus far.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com
Windsor Match Plate & Tool Ltd.