[Samba] Re: domain admins group in samba 3.0.7 question

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Mar 29 03:05:12 GMT 2005

> ~ > What makes you think that?  The command should be
> | net groupmap add unixgroup="<whatever group name>" ntgroup="<something
> | else>"
> | where the unixgroup parameter is the name of the existing unix group to
> | use and ntgroup is the new name that you want the group to display
> as in
> | windows.
>
> I've thought of doing this also but the problem that I have is that if I
> put this:
>
> net groupmap add unixgroup="<whatever group name>" ntgroup="<something
> | else>"
>
> into a logon script won't it add to the group each time the user logs
> in?  How would duplicate entries be handled?  Wouldn't I see an entry
> for each login or would duplicate entries be dropped?

Why in gods name would you do that?  The net groupmap add command is
used to configure the windows group <=> unixgroup mapping, much like the
username map works.  You add users to the ntgroup by adding them to the
aforementioned unixgroup.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.