[Samba] Samba 3.0.13 and Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Peter Shull drgn65 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 02:52:46 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am running samba (3.0.13) as my PDC.  I also have a windows 2000
Terminal server that I *only* use for remote desktop purposes. It has
no domain usage except to allow remote users to login to the domain
and run remote applications.  For whatever reason, the Windows 2000
server doesn't broadcast itself as an available terminal server.  From
what I read on microsoft.com, the terminal server will broadcast the
information to the browse list (which is obviously controlled by
Samba).  Is there a reason why my Terminal Server wouldn't show up in
a remote TSAdmin (from the MS Adminpak) or in the Remote Desktop
"<browse for more...>."  I get "The blah domain/workgroup doesn't have
any terminal servers"  The terminal server is readily accessible and
logs on to the samba domain nicely.

Thanks,

Peter