[Samba] BDC problem!? user can't get profile/map drive

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Mar 28 14:59:22 GMT 2005

Top posting is bad...

> Change PDC to %L and you are done, the clients will request the share
> from the DC they are connected to.

While that is a fine THEORY, when the machine that holds the data is
dead your profile is still missing.  If you simply point to another
server all you're going to get is either old crusty data from the last
time your PDC was unavailable or no data at all.  What I would suggest,
is another machine that holds this data for you.

If you want, you could have it sharing the data via NFS to your samba
machines, or point directly to the machine as a samba member server that
holds the data for the path of the drives as opposed to %L.